Sony have launched an upgraded PS4, the PlayStation 4 Pro. PS4 Pro creator Mark Cerny says “It’s for the hardcore gamer, or the one who’s invested in a high – definition [display].” Cerny showed off a host of titles such as Spider-Man, Rise of the Tomb Raider, Watch Dogs 2 and Call of Duty: Black Ops 3, talking about the console’s adeptness in terms of high resolution, compatibility and performance, adding “The difference is the high resolution the PS4 Pro can support, it is simply transformative.”
As an upgrade, the PS4 Pro will exceed the original console in terms of processing power.
These are the PS4 Pro specs –
- Main processor: Custom-chip single Processor
- CPU: x86-64 AMD “Jaguar,” 8 cores
- GPU: 4.20 TFLOPS, AMD Radeon™ based graphics engine
- Memory: GDDR5 8GB
- Storage size: 1TB
- Mass: Approx. 3.3 kg
- Input/Output: Super-Speed USB (USB 3.1 Gen.1) port × 3, AUX port × 1
- Networking: Ethernet (10BASE-T, 100BASE-TX, 1000BASE-T)×1, IEEE 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth® 4.0 (LE)
Basically, in layman terms it has a faster processor, a larger hard drive storage and advanced graphics to play on an ultra-high resolution of 4K and HDR TV.
It will be available from November 10, 2016 internationally for $399 (around Rs. 26,650). No release date for the Indian market has been announced yet but you can expect it to cost around Rs. 40,000 – the price at which the original PS4 was sold when it was launched in the country.